Wednesday, July 30, 2008
1. What is something mom always says to you? Go to your room.
2. What makes mom happy? Playing
3. What makes mom sad? Fighting (that would be the kids fighting.)
4. How does mom make you laugh? Tickle does and sad makes me laugh too.
5. What was mom like as a child? Little
6. How old is your mom? big
7. How tall is your mom? Mom's big. Calton is little - and he has a little head.
8. What is your mom's favorite thing to do? Eat
9. What does your mom do when your not around? Hug Daddy
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? Calton doesn't know what famous is but now he knows how to spell happy and sad. (for now)
11. What is your mom really good at? people
12. What is your mom not very good at? people
13. What does your mom do for a job? telling Calton how to spell words
14. What is your mom's favorite food? apples
15. What makes you proud of your mom? That I can spell play
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would it be? SuperKitty
17. What do you and your mom do together? Spell words (He likes to talk letters when I'm on the computer. Usually he wants to spell his name and then tells me to click the x.)
18. How are you and your mom alike? We eat the M&Ms
19. How are you and your mom different? Cal is big. Mom is bigger.
20. How do you know your mom loves you? hugs and kisses
These are question asked of Brandon about his mommy. Here are his answers!
1. What is something mom always says to you? listen!
2. What makes mom happy? when I listen to mommy
3. What makes mom sad? when I don't listen
4. How does mom make you laugh? tickle
5. What was mom like as a child? me!
6. How old is your mom? 2 (huh)
7. How tall is your mom? 3...hmmm. 3 what? 3 long (oh 3 feet)
8. What is your mom's favorite thing to do? watching the news
9. What does your mom do when your not around? (Rich answered first) Anything she wantsl 10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? getting a baby
11. What is your mom really good at? working
12. What is your mom not very good at? getting a baby! lol
13. What does your mom do for a job? go to the park
14. What is your mom's favorite food? fishies (hmmmm I think he meant goldfish- but he's wrong)
15. What makes you proud of your mom? getting him a transformer and treats
16. If your mom were a cartoon character, who would it be? batman
17. What do you and your mom do together? everything
18. How are you and your mom alike? We both love Heavenly Father (Ohhhhh)
19. How are you and your mom different? mommy's glasses
20. How do you know your mom loves you? Because I am happy.
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
The beach with lots of friends, water and sun.
Bear Lake - What a view!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
Janice is singing with the Wii machine. That's Calton on the drums. David gives the drums a go.
Here's Rex on the deck.
We had a great time visiting, then Boyd and I had to leave to go to Idaho. We had a great time touring the new Twin Falls Temple and visiting with my family. I'll post some of those pictures on my blog.
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
He clowned around in the play room, played the piano, then wanted to jump on our bed. I told him he could be on our bed for a few minutes but he had to sit quietly like the angel doll, so he hopped on the bed and snuggled up by the doll. His Daddy isn't thrilled with this picture.
Our ward had a talent show on Saturday and the Primary was asked to sing some song. Here is our Primary (with Brandon closest to me) singing "Popcorn popping". This little clip is longer for those of you who don't care to watch long clips.
Okay so swimming started again on Monday. Brandon was the first to go today and luckily I had my camera ready. Brandon had never done this before, and he didn't have another student go first - he just did it. Wow! Lets just say his mommy is VERY proud!
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Our little buddy passed away yesterday. After fighting off the cancer for 5 tough months, it was time to go. Augie lived four months longer then what the vet said he would live. In that time he taught his new little brother Ramses some tricks and how he should behave. He gave Esther and Bob tons of love, and will be missed by all his friends and family. The ten years Augie spent with us were incredible. You could never find another dog as sweet and as friendly as Augie. You were a best friend to us all.
Thursday, July 10, 2008
He was laughing and giggling so much he kept swallowing water so his teacher told him to close his mouth. I don't know why he thought to pucker his mouth but both the teacher and I were rolling on the floor with laughter!
So here's Brandon floating on the water on his back. He was the 4th and last student to float and as you can see he did great! The teacher was showing the other students how he was keeping his legs straight etc.. This is his second turn so I thought I would get the camera out to show his Daddy how well he was doing.
Saturday, July 5, 2008
Spencer went in one direction with Grandpa Sperry and Alena stayed with Grandma Sperry while I took off towards the pony ride. I saw two police officers and managed to tell them about my wandering child without crying. I showed them a picture of Cal on my camera phone and described his clothes. Then I started making rounds searching for him. There were so many people there and a whole lot of little blonde boys with orange and blue shirts, but none of them were my Calton.
Finally, I started to head back to where Karen and Alena were waiting when some people who were sitting near us told me to look behind me. I turned around and there was Calton - screaming his head off - in the arms of a very tall police officer. It was one of those dramitic moments you see on TV. That was when I burst into tears and ran to get him.
He immediately told on the police officers. He wanted to go to the bouncy castle and they took him away! He never left my sight for the rest of the night.
We moved away from the playground to find a good spot to watch the fireworks. (No, the horrors haven't ended yet.) We thought the fireworks were going to start at 10:20, but they were running late. Karen went home early because she had a headache. The kids were having sword fights with their cousins when we discovered that Jonah was missing. Joy though Joel had him. Joel only had the baby.
So, the fireworks finally started while we were searching for Jonah. Jason and I were talking to a police officer (I'd taken pictures of Joy's two little ones after we found Calton just in case) when we found out that Joel had just picked him up at the police command post. The fireworks were half over by the time we got back to our spot. (We'd carried Calton around the park while we searched for Jonah.)
It was midnight when we got home. We had to drop Roger off because Karen had taken the car. We won't be going to any more fireworks for a few years. I miss Bobby's old backyard.
So - whenever you go somewhere with younger kids - take a picture of them in whatever they're wearing so it's easy for police officers to find them when they wander off.