Thursday, April 3, 2008

National Cherry Blossom Festival 2008 pt 1

It's cold here in D.C. but we made our way to the cherry trees. The cherry trees go all the way around the Tital Basin and around the Washington Monument.
Here is a picture of a Beautiful tulip.
Here is the Washington Monument. Looking at the sky it looks like it's going to rain any minute.
Here is a gorgeous picture of the blossoms.
The pictures are a little out of order but when we were looking at the tulips I took a picture of Rich and Brandon with some yellow tulips. I have more pictures that I will post later.

2 comments:

Jennie said...

Those are beautiful pictures. When we were there two years ago the trees were almost through blooming, but they were still beautiful, especially around the hospital. I'm glad you got to go see them around the tidal basin.

Lezlie Anderson said...

I can take some pictures of out mud. Would you like to see it Jo? The crocuses bloomed but my tulips and dafodils seem to be frozen.